Eid-ul-Adha - The Day of Sacrifice
Being a Muslim, you must know the truth behind Eid ul Adha. It is about the event when Prophet Ibrahim AS had premonition of him sacrificing his son on ALLAH' s order. Upon telling his dream to his son Ismail, he insisted his father to carry it out, which he did until an angel appeared there and stopped him at the very last moment by putting a sheep in his son' s place.
This event showcases the unlimited kindness of ALLAH and how HE has blessed human beings with substantial blessings. ALLAH liked His Prophet' s act so much that in light of this event, HE ordered Muslims to follow in Prophet Ibrahim' s step and sacrifice animals (cow, goat or sheep) on this Eid.
Eid ul Adha is celebrated all over the world by Muslims to commemorate the trials and triumphs of the Prophet Ibrahim AS. Here are few things, you need to do on this day, according to sunnah.
- Bath and use perfume and wear the best clothes.
- Recite takbeerat.
- Go for Eid prayer from one route and return from a different route.
- Not eat anything prior to the eid prayer.
- Go early to offer the Eid prayer
- Listen to the khutbah
- after the Eid prayer, Sacrifice the animal according to Shariya
- Divide its meat in 3 equal parts. Each for needy and poor, your relatives and friends and the third part is for you to be consumed.