A Complete Guide for Purchasing a Property in DHA
Read on the following post to get every detail related to property transfer procedure in DHA and do let us know, if you want to know more.
Verification Process of Property/Plot in DHA
Before the transfer procedure begins and before making the payment of chosen plot or property, few of the property buyers want to verify the property.
Verification Procedure is pretty simple and all you need is to collect a Verification Form available at DHA Office Reception Y-Block, Lahore. People can get this verification form for Rs650. Furthermore, you need to submit this form back to DHA Office Reception along with the following documents
1. Copy of Allocation/ Allotment Letter.
2. Copy of Computerized National Identity Card of Property Owner.
3. Original paid Voucher of Verification Fee.
4. Copy of Property Dealer's Registration Card (if applied through Property Dealer).
Customer/ Authority Holder will collect the Verification Form from DHA Reception next day .
Applying for No Demand Certificate (NDC)
After verifying the ownership of property, you will have to apply for No Demand Certificate. No Demand Certificate (NDC) is actually the first step for property transfer in DHA, in which the owner has to clear all the remaining dues and outstanding objections. You need the following documents to further proceed with the process:
1. Copy of Computerized National Identity Card.
2. Copy of Allocation/ Allotment Letter.
3. Copy of the Site Plan (For the plots located in possession areas).
4. Property Tax receipt and clearance certificate from Walton/ Lahore Cantt Board.
5. No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Armed Forces Personnel in case of Service Benefit Plots/ Plots allotted out of Defence quota from GHQ AG's Branch.
The timeline for NDC for Non-Possession areas is 5 days, while in Possession areas, the timeline is 8 days. After that, you will receive Transfer Fee Voucher, Remaining Dues Voucher (if any) so you clear all dues before handing over property to the next property owner:
Transfer Fee for 1 kanal plot in Phase VII is Rs50,950 while in Phase IV, the transfer fee for 1 kanal plot is Rs62,950. In short, transfer fee varies from phase to phase in DHA. After paying the transfer fee, and clearing the remaining dues (if any), you can apply to the registering/ transferring authority of Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) for the sale/ transfer of immovable property. You can get the FBR Form from Federal Board of Revenue office or download it from FBR's website at http://fbr.gov.pk .
You will have to submit the FBR document to National Bank of Pakistan by filling in Seller & Purchaser's names and DC Value of the property. If you are selling the property before two years, you will have to deposit DC Value of property' depending upon its location; otherwise' CVT is not applicable. Moreover, CVT is not applicable on 5 Marla plots. For instance, the DC Value of 1 kanal plot in Phase VII is Rs40,00,000 and the DC Value of 1 kanal plot in Phase IV is Rs70,00,000.
Moreover, you need to fill in CVT form to get tax clearance from Income Tax department. 2% CVT fee is applied on per kanal basis. For instance, CVT fee for 1 kanal plot in Phase VII is Rs80,000 and for 1 kanal plot in Phase IV is Rs1,40,000. DC Value, CVT fee and Stamp Duty varies in every phase of DHA.
After 3 days of submitting CVT Form, FBR Form and Transfer Fee in DHA office, the management will give you time to visit office to complete the property transfer procedure.
Note: In case of House or Open Possession Plot, customer will have to coordinate with Building Control Branch for Surveyor visit and dues clearance.
In case of Constructed Building, customer has to clear the TIP Tax of Walton / Lahore Cantt Board and Water Bill.
Transfer Procedure after NDC
After No Demand Certificate clearance, the next step is to transfer the property by bringing the Transfer Set to the Customer Service Officer for transfer appointment. The documents required at the time of transfer are:
- Transfer Document (Forwarding Letter) giving the details of plot or house, name of purchaser and other document under seller's three signatures
- Original Allotment/ Transfer Letter so that new Letter is issued in the name of new property owner
- Neat copy of Computerized National Identity Card of Seller and Purchaser (duly attested by Oath Commissioner)
- No Demand Certificate
- Membership Form (Available at DHA Office for Rs350)
- Membership Fee paid by new owner (Rs22,830)
- 2 Passport size photographs of new owner (Duly attested by Oath Commissioner)
- Transfer Fee Voucher (Duly Paid)
- Undertaking by the purchaser
- 3% Stamp Duty of DC Value (Varies in every phase)
- CVT (Duly Paid)
- Original transfer/ Sale Deed along with affidavits of seller and purchaser for surrendering, if plot is registered
- Cantt Board Taxes
Both sellers and purchasers will have to visit Transfer Branch for transfer. Customer Service Officer will receive the documents and issue receipt. Within 30 days of transfer at Customer Care Centre, new owner can bring the receipt and original Computerized National Identity Card on the given date, to collect Allocation Letter from Transfer Branch, DHA Office.